What you need to know before you begin...

...more to come :)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A review of success metrics from Week 1...

My success metrics from week 1 were broken down into three major buckets - all of which were addressed...AND THEN SOME.

1) A better understanding of the current state of the industry
  • I know a dozen + more software solutions now than I did coming in, including:
    • Zoho
    • Jobvite
    • Success Factors
  • I feel like I have a much better understanding of the current state of the industry but what has become likely more important is that I have a better understanding of the future state of he industry. That is, what we are going, not where we have been. And that is an important designation because technology is changing the way we do business - and the way we support them too.
2) Insight into specific technologies
  • Well, let's start with the obvious. Twitter and Blogger are two resources I had NEVER used pre HR Tech, and now, I'm 14 blogs in and at least another 25 tweets on top of that! Exposure, experience and education are worth their weight in gold.
3) Learning from the experiences of others
  • Be it the demos or be it the classroom discussion - learning from others has been a critical part of this certification program. You learn what others are doing, the experiences they have had, and even some insight to the things they have done (which ultimately ends up sparking hundreds of ideas in my mind as to how I can solve a problem or a software/ solution I should explore). The great thing about that is that I'm only halfway through the certification program! The downside?? I'm only halfway through the program... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment